7. Add to Rastrack
Rastrack was setup by enthusiast Ryan Walmsley in 2012 as a way of tracking where people are using Raspberry Pi’s around the world. The site is a user-contributed Google Map to which Pi users in the community have added their location; it shows a heat map of where Pi users are known to be around the world.
Rastrack (http://rastrack.co.uk) is a website run by Ryan Walmsley for tracking where people are using Raspberry Pis around the World. If you have an internet connection, you can add yourself directly using this tool. This is just a bit of fun, not any sort of official registration.
You can use this option to add your location to the map.
Rastrack is disabled by default.
- Start at the raspi-config main menu.
- Select Add to Rastrack. A message explaining Rastrack will be displayed.
- Press Enter. A message asking Username / Nickname For Rastrack Addition will be displayed.
- Enter a Username and press Enter. A message asking Email Address For Rastrack Addition will be displayed.
- Enter an Email Address and press Enter. The following message will be displayed on the screen:
Hit enter to continue
- Press Enter to continue.
You will receive a email to confirm your registration to Rastrack.