You will need to activate Windows if you intend to continue using Windows Vista beyond the 30 day trial period. Use the following instructions to activate Windows.
- From the Start menu, select Welcome Center. The Windows Vista Welcome Center window will be displayed.
- From the top-right corner of the window, click Show more details. The View basic information about your computer window will be displayed.
- From the bottom of the window, click Change product key. The Change your product key for activation window will be displayed.
- Type your Product Key for the edition of Windows Vista that you installed, and then click Next. The User Account Control window will be displayed.
- Click Yes to allow Software Licensing to launch with elevated privileges. The Activating Windows window will be displayed.
Once Windows Vista has been activated, the Activation was successful window will be displayed.
- Click Close. The Windows Activation window will close and the View basic information about your computer window will be updated to reflect the Windows activation status.