Virtual Network Switch
Virtual Switch Manager
The following instructions can be used to create a Hyper-V virtual network switch using Virtual Switch Manager.
- Start the Hyper-V Manager console.
- From the list of available Hyper-V servers on the left, right-click your computer, and select Virtual Switch Manager from the context menu. The Virtual Switch Manager window will be displayed.
- Perform the following actions:
- On the left under Virtual Switches, select New virtual network switch.
- On the right under What type of virtual switch do you want to create, select Internal.
- Click Create Virtual Switch.
The Virtual Switch Properties will be displayed.
- Type an appropriate name for the virtual switch in the Name field, and then click OK. The Applying changes window will be displayed, during which time your networking may become momentarily disrupted.
Once the new virtual network switch has been configured, the Virtual Switch Manager window will close, and you will be returned to the Hyper-V Manager console.
The following instructions can be used to manage Hyper-V virtual switches using Windows PowerShell.
- Start a Windows PowerShell console with elevated privileges (Run as administrator).
Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- Import the Hyper-V PowerShell module using the following command.
> Import-Module Hyper-V