The next step is to install the xrdp Remote Desktop Connection software.
- Install xrdp using the following command.
sudo apt-get install xrdp -y
The installation only takes a couple of minutes to complete, and includes all the prerequisite components such as vnc4server.
- Once the installation is complete, check the xrdp service status using the following command.
- The command will produce output similar to the following.
● xrdp.service - LSB: Start xrdp and sesman daemons Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/xrdp) Active: active (running) since Fri 2015-10-23 20:00:00 AEDT; 1min ago CGroup: /system.slice/xrdp.service ├─7009 /usr/sbin/xrdp └─7011 /usr/sbin/xrdp-sesman
- Reboot your Raspberry Pi using the following command.
Wait for your Raspberry Pi to finish rebooting before proceeding to the next step.