Connect to your Raspberry Pi using the Windows built-in Remote Desktop Connection client.
- Launch the Remote Desktop Connection application.
- Click Show Options. The application window will expand to show the General settings.
- In the Computer field, type the IP Address of your Raspberry Pi, and then click the Display tab. The Display settings will be displayed.
- Adjust the Display configuration (resolution) for your remote desktop connection, and then click Connect. A warning message stating that The identity of the remote computer cannot be verified. Do you want to connect anyway? will be displayed.
- (Optional) Tick Don’t ask me again for connections to this computer.
- Click Yes. The Login to xrdp window will be displayed.
- From the Login to xrdp window, perform the following actions:
- Set Module to sesman-Xvnc (default).
- Type your Raspberry Pi username (default is “pi”).
- Type your Raspberry Pi password (default is “raspberry”).
- Click OK.
The user login process will begin, during which the Connection Log will be displayed.
After a couple of seconds the Desktop will be displayed.
The xrdp Remote Desktop Connection software is now installed and running on your Raspberry Pi!