This post provides instructions on how to perform an in-place upgrade from Raspbian Jessie to Raspbian Stretch on the Raspberry Pi.
The entire process can be performed remotely using SSH.
Raspbian specific enhancements to Debian Stretch:
- Chromium 60
- Sonic Pi 3.0.1
- RealVNC 6.1.1
- Node-RED 0.17.4
- Bluetooth Audio routed via ALSA rather than PulseAudio
- Scratch 2 with SenseHAT extension
- Various desktop applications modified to prompt for sudo password if needed
- Simplified control options for mouse speed (lxinput)
- lxpanel plugins moved into separate packages
- Fix for the Broadpwn exploit
- Latest kernel and firmware
- Various small tweaks, bug fixes and theme modifications
The Shortlink to this post is https://wp.me/p6g71G-3kx.
If you found this post helpful or useful in some way, please help me by doing the following:
- Like or link to this post from your favourite social media platforms;
- Click our advertisers banners;
- Make a Paypal Donation;
- Leave a Reply below.
|⇓ Last||Page||Next ⇒|
Disclaimer: No liability is accepted (whether under the law of contract, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss; for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data. These limitations of liability apply even when expressly advised of the potential loss.