UniFi 5 on Raspberry Pi

Welcome to the Lowe Family Website Forums Ubiquiti UniFi UniFi 5 on Raspberry Pi

• This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 7 months ago.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Chris
    Keymaster

Installing Ubiquiti UniFi Controller 5 on Raspberry Pi

Discussion and comments for the post Installing Ubiquiti UniFi Controller 5 on Raspberry Pi

Anonymous

I have followed the guide on Jessie before with no issues.  Purchased a Pi3B and with the plan to move over to a newer Pi and use a USB drive vs a SD card.

Ran into an issue where it was not installing at all following the guide.  Found a post by user samhinsley here:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/UniFi-5-for-Raspberry-Pi-guide/m-p/2091767/highlight/true#M253541

“Just finished my install on a Raspberry Pi 3 B. The guide worked perfectly! The only change I had to make was because I used Stretch not Jessie. Before you do Step 1 of the guide run “sudo apt-get install dirmngr” as this is not included in this release by default? I would also highly recommend using Java 8 as per the guide”

This extra step did the trick and the install when fine after that.

One thing I noticed is that Raspian the “2017-11-29-raspbian-stretch-lite” I installed “snappy-java-1.1.2.6.jar”, not the “snappy-java-1.0.5.jar “version referenced in the guide.  I left the default version in and skipped the whole Step 4” Update to the Snappy Java Library, using the following commands:” section out.  Everything seems to be working ok.  If I see any issues, I’ll go back and perform this step, substituting the latest version of Snappy-java.

Just wanted to post this additional information.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.